Maybe you’ve always wanted a beautiful white smile. Or your teeth have yellowed over time. Or you’re not happy with the staining that results from drinking coffee, tea or cola. Whatever your reason for wanting whiter teeth, you’re not alone. Teeth Whitening is just what you need.
Just like we all have different hair and skin color, people also have different tooth color. Some teeth are more yellow than others, while others yellow with aging. Your natural tooth color can also be affected by many factors.
Surface stains and internal discoloration can be caused by:
- The natural aging process
- Using tobacco (smoked or chewed), drinking coffee, tea, colas or red wine, and eating pigmented foods such as cherries and blueberries
- Accumulation of plaque and tartar deposits
- Ingesting too much fluoride (more than 2 parts fluoride per million
- parts water) when teeth are forming, which gives teeth a “mottled” look
- Treatment with the antibiotic tetracycline during childhood
- Trauma to the teeth that may cause a brown, gray or black color
There are many reasons for teeth whitening, including:
- The boost to your confidence and self-esteem that comes from a great smile
- A younger appearance
- A special event such as a wedding, job interview or class reunion
- To make a positive first impression on others
- To simply reverse years of everyday staining and yellowing
- Before beginning any teeth whitening procedure, be sure to consult with your dentist. Only he or she can evaluate whether you’re a suitable candidate for a particular treatment.
This application is sensitive and needs to be done perfectly by an experienced dentist. Failing in teeth whitening in its properest way may have some negative effects on your teeth. Keep your dentist informed about the toothpaste or any other whitening material you use.
Would you like to know more about how Teeth Whitening is done in Lasting Dental Impressions Dental Spa? Click here!
Copyright © 2002, 2003 Colgate-Palmolive Company. All rights reserved.